I've submitted my pip mr — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've submitted my pip mr

Options
danielleD
danielleD Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So to cut a long story short I just posted my MR letter this morning along with 2 letters of support one from my sister and the other from a close family friend. My phone assessment didn't go well at all the assessor sounded like she couldn't be bothered and poked and pried at my original ansers intill I gave her something she was satisfied with she then swiftly moved on to the next question, my decision notice was full of troublesome assumptions and false statements as a result I was awarded 0 points but tbh I realy did expect that given I filled the original paperwork in by myself and not to a very good standard I didnt make any copies and can't even remember what I said for the most part, I see alot of people on here have had a similar experience with the assessors my appointment was also 2 hours later than scheduled. However I feel like I took the time and realy tried to concentrate on my MR I fear some of it may have come across rude but when somebody who doesn't know you tries to tell you they believe you can do this and that when you know in reality how hard things are it gives you a kick up the **** to say it how it is, but anyway I'm new to this forum so wanted to say hi ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

The assessment process isn't there for the HCP to write what you say word for word. It's for them to gather more evidence to support your claim. The assessment report they write is their opinion  based on what you said in your original form, the evidence you sent and what you said during your assessment. The majority of those that are not awarded are because of poorly completed claim forms.

What you really need to concentrate on is where and why you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, who (if anyone) seen it and what the consequences were.
    MR decision timescales are between 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danielleD
    Options
    I know they couldn't write my report word for word but what she did report clearly wasn't in the context i told her it she was also quite abrupt and incentive and that made me feel like I couldn't open up and feel free to talk. At one point she asked me how often I change my "knickers) it went downhill from there tbh. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I agree that sometimes the questions they ask are very personal but they have to ask those sort of questions to try to have more understanding of exactly how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • danielleD
    Options
    It will sound silly but I think I've tried to egnore how I feel for so long when somebody asks me to put something into words of reference a particular situation I realy realy struggle like I forget being in those horrible situations intill I'm in them again if that makes sence but its the same for even good memories or feelings I'm just numb to them afterwards and I dont know what that means for me I can read something somebody else has wrote about thier own experiences and it resonates with me alot but when I try to put my own into words nothing ?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's the same for a lot of people. We just get used to adapting to those situations and learn to "live" with our disabilites. Then when it comes to putting it into words, it's not always easy.
  • danielleD
    Options
  • Maybeimcrazy
    Maybeimcrazy Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Options
    @danielleD i understand and know how you feel, i to got zero and im not going to ask for a MR, i wasnt going to to be honest, but my sister is going to do me a letter and my gp is going to give me copies of my meds etc so im hoping i do get somewhere but it does make you feel as though you want to give up. Good luck with your MR x 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.