PIP Mandatory reconsideration acknowledgement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Mandatory reconsideration acknowledgement

Options
Anneka1990
Anneka1990 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I called up PIP to request a mandatory reconsideration 8 weeks ago and the person at the council helping me with my mandatory reconsideration sent in the further evidence over a month ago. I have heard nothing from PIP acknowledging that they have recieved this evidence or that they are looking into my claim again. Just wondering if this is standard or if I should call up to check they logged my mandatory reconsideration request?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    No, they don't always acknowledge receiving anything. At the moment there's huge postal backlogs and it's currently taking several weeks for mail to be added to the computer and it's not classed as arriving until the has happened. MR decision's can take 12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Anneka1990
    Anneka1990 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
  • Lisajn2507
    Lisajn2507 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I returned extra information for mandatory review and not received any acknowledgment. I called today and lady told me it had been received and 12 weeks for response. Hope this helps x 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.