Hi, my name is tracyjones! I'm on UC, been handing in sick notes but still have to go to job centre — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is tracyjones! I'm on UC, been handing in sick notes but still have to go to job centre

tracyjones
tracyjones Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
 Hi everyone I'm on universal credit and been poorly handing in sick notes but still being told I have to go to the job centre. My sicknote is for vomiting was in hospital for urgent suspected stomach cancer referral for out of hospital yesterday and told I have to go to the job centre tomorrow even though I am still vomiting . What is point of my sick note if I have to attend still?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Hi,
    A fit note doesn’t automatically entitle you to limited capability for work. When you claim UC you are a job seeker until the decisions been make on your work capability assessment. 
    It’s at a work coaches discretion whether they turn off work commitments, some do and others don’t. 
    Have you spoke to your work coach and explained your medical condition? If you haven’t then I’d advise you to do that. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tracyjones
    tracyjones Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes they are aware
    I am still filling in job applications etc it's the traveling I can't do.at the moment so sort of defeats the purpose of the sick note i honestly am fed up of explaining it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    You are still classed as a job seeker though, which includes appointments. You can request a different work coach and hopefully the next one will be a little more understanding.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tracyjones

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear about everything you are going through at the minute, I hope you feel better soon.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.