Advice please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice please

Options
Wookie66
Wookie66 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Hi, because i no longer get child benefit, as my son is almost 20, and my wife is working, my UC payments have stopped. I have been on the list for a medical for LCWRA since May. My question is this, While i am waiting for this assesment, can i do some part time work without effecting the ongoing claim for LCWRA, as i have been missing mortgage and other bill payment, and now i no longer get my £500 UC payment i need to try not to lose my house. I am worried sick, and suffering from deppresion isn't helping me.
Can anyone help me please.
Kind regards
Keith

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,246 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    There's nothing stopping you from working while you wait for the work capability assessment. Whether you'll be awarded LCWRA will depend on how your conditions affect you. You also need to be aware that if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you think you should be awarded LCWRA then it could go against you.
    Have you also used a benefits calculator to check whether you would still be entitled to any UC if you were awarded either LCW or LCWRA? If you haven't then i'd advise you to do that, you would also need to put your partners details into it because you claim as a couple. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/Intro/Home?cid=4a9caebc-6ad4-4500-9baf-32d9c8a578a0

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.