Help with pip mobility — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with pip mobility

Options
Tempy
Tempy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello firstly thank you for reading 

I am considering asking for a review of my pip mobility part at the moment i get daily living enhanced rate and standard mobility.
I suffer will long term mental health with many things, agrophobia, generalized anxiety, ocd, bipolar, eupd, my mental health started about 20 years ago, i ended up spending 5 1/2 years in pyshactric hospitals and have had many shorter stays, i live in independant flats which is supported living which i have lived for 5 years. this maybe too much info but i wanted to give the full picture 

I know there was a change in law with mental health and mobility and i did have a letter a few years ago saying my claim was re looked at and i was on the right rate for my mobility 

i didnt agree with that decision however was too scared to appeal as im unable to deal with the stress, however i dont feel that it is right that i should feel this way and feel now maybe the time to appeal this.

the reason i feel i should get enchanced rate of mobility is due to the fact that i have not been able to go outside on my own in over 10 years at all i cant even get to the bins on my own, even when i am with my support workers and family, i often get tunnel vision while anxious and step out in to traffic due to just trying to get where i need to go, i often end up running off to quite side roads, carparks to try and hide away from people, i only go out in the evenings due to not wanting to bump into any people and being more hidden in the dark, i often get detached and spaced out again which makes me at risk of not being aware of my surroundings, if i was ever to go out alone which wouldnt be a thing it would be a complete disaster 

wondering what your advice is on this before i try the stressful process that i dread if it is worth the stress 

I have also read articles about LEAP which i have no idea if that is something that would apply to me, or if that was what that letter was a few years back or if there has been more recent chnages in the law since then, any help would be great 

thank you in advance and if you need any more info please ask 

thank you smile

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    Before reporting any changes you should get some expert advice from an agency near you. Once you explain how your conditions affect you exactly they will be able to tell you whether you're entitled to the Enhanced mobility. For this, start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tempy
    Options
    hello thank you for your reply i contacted CAB and they were not very helpful the person i spoke to didnt know about LEAP until looking it up and didnt know where to find the pip advice line number so had to ask her supervisor im sure i just got unfornate and maybe she was in training

i have called the pip advice line and the have given me the deatails of where to right a letter to the LEAP team which i am going to do tomorrow with my support worker i am super anxious that this is going to be a very stressful process but feel that its unfair for me not to fight this 

i was wondering with mobility does that also mean going out in a car or does it just mean out on foot, reason i was asking is it worth saying i cant get buses or taxis and the only way to travel is with family or support sitting in the back with me with someone i know well driving ?

thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In your current award where exactly did you score the points for mobility? A claimant who satisfies 1E because they are unable to go out the majority of the time, can't also satisfy 1F.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tempy
    Options
    i got 1e but its not correct as i go out once a day to take my therapy dog out on his walk even though the easy option for me would be to give up going out but that happened years ago and ended me up in hospital because mentally i got worse from it

one of my main reasons for getting a dog to make me go out once a day i always go with my support workers of my close family 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.