If my decision is overturned with MR, when will my payments get backdated to? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If my decision is overturned with MR, when will my payments get backdated to?

Options
danielleD
danielleD Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So if I'm lucky enough to have the decision overturned with my MR will I get payments backdated to my original claim date or will it be from the date of the first decision?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will be backdated to the date you first rang to start your claim providing it's your first PIP claim and you didn't transfer from DLA and you had the conditions for at least 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danielleD
    Options
    Well that's a relief I have claimed before in 2017 unsuccessfully I didn't appeal it back then because I didnt think there was any point but reading things are here is what made me ask for a MR this time around 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Naturally it won’t be backdated as far back as 2017. Only from the start of this current claim. 
    If you think you’re entitled then you should always challenge the decision because to constantly reapply using the same evidence will likely see another refusal. If the MR decision doesn’t change then it’s Trubunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danielleD
    Options
    I applied in April so will be happy if it's backdated from then. I was going through a bad period of depersonilstion at the time I filled out my forms so it was no where near as detailed and ordered as it should have been so im not realy surprised at the decision I only hope that it doesn't end up going against me as when I'm in that frame of mind I sometimes don't think straight but my mandatory reconsideration might seem as though a different person has wrote it as I put alot more effort into it and more detail of how things effect me every day not particularly real life examples but my sister and a close friend of the family have both wrote me supporting letters describing how I am from there own personal experiences so I'm hopeing they actually take that into account also ? I was told max of 11 weeks but could be before so im hopeing it won't be to long. If the decision remains the same my next step will be tribunal and I can give my examples of what happens when I attempt certain activities. I was also wondering should I have said what points I expected to get I have read some people have done that but I didn't want to seem that I expect the enhanced rate ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.