Can I work on PIP&LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I work on PIP&LCWRA

Options
abik0608
abik0608 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am currently receiving LCWRA&PIP I’m just wondering if I would be able to get some sort of delivery job for a few hours a week. I don’t have any housing costs as I live with parents. I’ve searched everywhere but I can’t seem to find any helpful information. How many hours can I work? What will I loose? I’m confused and struggling to find the answer can anyone help please!

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP is not a Work Related Benefit and working will have no impact.

On UC with LCWRA there are no limits on the work you can do but if the work contradicts the reasons you have been found to have LCWRA may prompt a reassessment.

You would need to report your employment through your UC journal.

Because you claim no housing costs the first £515/month of any earnings will be ignored, there will be a deduction of 63% of anything over this.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.