mobilaty schooters — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mobilaty schooters

Options
sarah73
sarah73 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi my name is sarah73 i am on pip how can i get a mobilty schooter as i cant walk far and i need one to get about thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    HI,
    If you're talking about the mobility scooters from motability, then for these you need to be claiming Enhanced mobility PIP, to exchange your award for the motability scooter. In my opinion, they are expensive and you would be better off buying one yourself. https://www.motability.co.uk/products/scooters-and-powered-wheelchairs/
    If you already have a motability vehicle, you can't have the mobility scooter as well.
    Other than that, i'm not aware of any grants for help with mobility scooters. Have you had a look on gumtree or Facebook in your local area, there's often people that sell them cheap.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.