LCWRA Group awarded — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Group awarded

Options
talsmummy82
talsmummy82 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi! Hope everyone is having a good day.

First time posting here. Having read a lot of your posts, you all seem like a friendly knowledgeable bunch, so I’m hoping you can help me. 

Following on from my assessment a few weeks ago, I have now received a letter advising they have put me in the LCWRA group. I was led to believe that if I was awarded this I would receive an extra payment of just under £350pcm in my monthly UC payments. However having spoken to a friend who was awarded this earlier this year, She said she was told that they are no longer making these payments as of last year unless you applied before a certain date (not sure of exact date but thinks it may be 2017). I haven’t worked since having my daughter who is 3 and do not have a partner (I don’t know if these circumstances make a difference).

has anyone else applied and been awarded Lcwra this year? And if so did you get the extra payment? I’m so confused. I’ve found the whole process so confusing and am yet to apply for PIP :-(

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,213 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi,
    Your friend clearly doesn't quite understand what LCWRA is because they are not correct. What your friend is talking about applies to those that have been awarded LCW only. For those that started their claim after April 2017 there's no extra money for this group.
    You will receive an extra £343 from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your health condition. This is because there's a full 3 months assessment period waiting time.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • talsmummy82
    Options
    Hi Poppy123456! Thanks for responding. This is what I thought, but when I asked her is she sure she wasn’t placed in the LCW group, she was adamant it was LCWRA. Having read your response though, I think you may be right and she doesn’t understand the difference between the 2 groups. Thanks so much for your help, I was really worried and needed that bit of reassurance. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If your friend is claiming UC with a partner that already has the LCWRA element then you can't receive 2 LCWRA elements in one claim so maybe this is why they don't receive it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you were also affected by the benefit cap, now you've been awarded the LCWRA element, you will no longer be affected by this cap.
  • talsmummy82
    Options
    Ahhh that may be it! Thanks so much you’ve been really helpful.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.