Hi, my name is Omdurman! Time scale for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Omdurman! Time scale for PIP

Omdurman
Omdurman Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Iam on week 14 since applying for pip I was diagnosed with cancer for the second time in March and have had my left kidney pancreas and spleen removed also making me type 1 diabetic which has caused me so many health and anxiety issues. Does anybody know the time scale for pip as this is all new to me?.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. If you're going through the normal claims process for the PIP application (not the DS1500 route) then backlogs are huge. DWP are estimating about 10 months from the time you apply to having a decision. The timescales are only ever a guide but we have members here that applied in January/February and are still waiting for their decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Omdurman
    Thank you. I applied in June so that makes sense. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Omdurman and welcome to the online community, sorry to hear about what you are going through, I hope the reply above from Poppy about PIP has been helpful for you.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Omdurman
    It’s 15 weeks on Monday since I posted my application and 13 weeks since I received a text to say they had the form and they would be in contact. Please can someone provide me with the best tel number for me to chase.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    It's the usual telephone number... 0800 121 4433 backlogs are huge and there's no timescales for any decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Omdurman
    My timeline

7/7 sent off pip form
    2/8 dwp acknowledgment 
    8/11 f2f assessment 
    8/11 text dwp got report
    26/11 letter to say can make decision
    2/12 dwp paid 1865 in my acct awaiting official letter and report still
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Good to hear you didn’t have to wait as long as as some to get your award..I too had money paid in before my decision letter arrived, but it did arrive a couple of days after the payment, hopefully your letter will arrive soon

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.