So they gave me 0 points for everything. Next step? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

So they gave me 0 points for everything. Next step?

idontlikeliving
idontlikeliving Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
Hello guys. So I had my letter back. Upsetting. It was like they never believed me. Gave me 0 points for everything. Can someone tell me please what I need to do next? 

What do I write to them. I want to send a MR letter but don’t know what to add into it. 
Do I have to rewrite everything out again? 

So unsure and so stressed with this. Thankyou 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    A couple of detailed real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Adding information such as where it happened, did anyone see it? what exactly happened and what were the consquences. Do this for each descriptor that you think applies to you.
    MR decision timescales are anything between 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • idontlikeliving
    @poppy123456 shall I send it recorded delivery? 

Will they still have most of my info what I did in the online assessment? Thankyou 
  • danielleD
    danielleD Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    @idontlikeliving try not to let it make you feel defeated the same thing happend to me and seems to be the norm for alot of people first time around. I have just sent my MR and I'm feeling more confident about what I have wrote and have a plan if it has to go to tribunal 
  • poppy123456
    Proof of posting from a post office (free) is all that's needed. Poinless sending anything to DWP "recorded delivery" because it's signed by someone from Royal Mail not DWP. It's not classed as arriving with DWP until it's been added to the computer.
    Online assessment? I'm assuming you mean the PIP2 form you filled in online. They will still have that and all the other evidence you sent but you've been refused so what's you've already sent hasn't helped your PIP claim.
    If you haven't already given anecdotal evidence (those examples) then you should do that for the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @idontlikeliving - I'm sorry about your decision letter. With a MR another decision maker will look at everything again, including your initial claim form. So, as Poppy says, it's those really detailed examples for each of the applicable descriptors that are now needed. Also say if you can't attempt/do an activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly, or if it takes you longer than a person that isn't disabled.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear you received 0 points. Don’t give up, plenty of expert volunteers on this website who have helped me and others. Good Luck.
  • idontlikeliving
    danielleD said:
    @idontlikeliving try not to let it make you feel defeated the same thing happend to me and seems to be the norm for alot of people first time around. I have just sent my MR and I'm feeling more confident about what I have wrote and have a plan if it has to go to tribunal 
    I’m **** when it comes to things like this. I never know how to word or start a letter. I’m just gonna have to just write how I think it will be ok ans do what poppy said about the real detailed examples x
  • idontlikeliving
    Thankyou @poppy123456 amazing as always. I will start it tomorrow. The letter dates 23rd sep and I didn’t receive the letter until the 2nd October so I need to get a move on with it xx
  • idontlikeliving
    bg844 said:
    So sorry to hear you received 0 points. Don’t give up, plenty of expert volunteers on this website who have helped me and others. Good Luck.
    Thankyou so much xx
  • idontlikeliving
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @idontlikeliving - I'm sorry about your decision letter. With a MR another decision maker will look at everything again, including your initial claim form. So, as Poppy says, it's those really detailed examples for each of the applicable descriptors that are now needed. Also say if you can't attempt/do an activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly, or if it takes you longer than a person that isn't disabled.
    I will take it all on board Thankyou so much xx
  • idontlikeliving
    @Teddybear12 Thankyou. Means a lot to me xx
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    Oh @idontlikeliving, I’m so sorry about the decision you’ve received. Don’t give up though, as I did an MR and it went in my favour, so there is always hope. There’s lots of helpful advice on here.
  • idontlikeliving
    @Leigh14 aww I’m glad. Do you have any advice for me?  Do you write national insurance number at top of every page? Thanks xxx
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you write national insurance number at top of every page? 
    Name and NI number.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • idontlikeliving
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,681 Disability Gamechanger
    @idontlikeliving good luck with your M R  
  • Del1149
    Del1149 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    I've just received my letter.....I've scored 0 points ? what do I do now?? The CAB helped me with my form. I've emailed them a copy and just waiting for them to get in touch. What things do I have to provide to appeal against the decision? I really am gutted after 6 months of waiting.
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but have scleritis, scoliosis and mild arthritis I'm my spine.
    Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Del1149 said:
    I've just received my letter.....I've scored 0 points ? what do I do now?? The CAB helped me with my form. I've emailed them a copy and just waiting for them to get in touch. What things do I have to provide to appeal against the decision? I really am gutted after 6 months of waiting.
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but have scleritis, scoliosis and mild arthritis I'm my spine.
    Thanks 

HI,
    PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
    Your next step is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR) For this you should state where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. You should add information such as where you were, who (if anyone) seen it, what exactly happened and what the consequences were.
    Mr decision times are anything from 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer. If that decision doesn't change and you still think you're entitled then its Tribunal.
  • Del1149
    Del1149 Community member Posts: 12 Connected

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.