Hi, my name is dunkysmrs25! Heard nothing since June from ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dunkysmrs25! Heard nothing since June from ESA

Options
dunkysmrs25
dunkysmrs25 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi,I am looking for advice,I am on universal credit and applied for esa due to an accident. I got the form in May and returned it.I was due a phone consultation in June but they phoned to cancel as they were short staffed.I have heard nothing since June,Is the the normal time it can take time be assessed. Thank you for any advice x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    Backlogs for work capability assessments are huge so the wait you're experiencing at the moment is normal, due to obvious reasons. Once another appointment becomes available they will contact you. You could ring the Health Assessment Advisory Service to ask but they will likely tell you the same as i have. Details here. https://www.chdauk.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance-esa

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dunkysmrs25
    Options
    Thank you Poppy,I was just thinking maybe I had been forgotten about ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @dunkysmrs25

Welcome to the community! Don't worry, I think many people start to worry after a while that they have been forgotten about, it's quite normal. As Poppy says, there are backlogs at the minute, so hopefully they will be in touch with you shortly.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you also report your health condition to UC. For a joint ESA and UC claimant the Work Capability Assessment would, I think, normally be managed by UC.

Are you receiving the assessment rate of ESA (which, if so, is presumably being deducted from your UC).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • dunkysmrs25
    Options
    Thank you for all advice. I now have my assessment next Wed

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.