I've now been awarded LCWRA. Will it backdate to the date when I first gave sick note in? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've now been awarded LCWRA. Will it backdate to the date when I first gave sick note in?

Options
Ry223
Ry223 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I have been getting lcw since 2017 now I have been awarded lcwra will it backdate to the date when I first give my sick not in I don't undertand what they seem to mean on the letter if they owe me any money it will be from the 3 moths after I declared my health

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,054 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    As you had alreeady been found to have LCW then it will depend on whether they started the review, or whether you reported a worsening of health condition.
    If they started the review then it's from the date the decision was made. If you reported a changed of health condition then it's from the date you reported the changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ry223
    Options
    Hi.. They sent me a letter saying they needed to do a reassessment because its been a couple of years but my health condition just got worse because I have been on lcw since 2017 now found to have lcwra so am not sure if that means I will be back payed or not.. Thankyou for your help

• poppy123456
    Options
    Then you're not entitled to any backdated money because the review was started by DWP/UC.  The extra money starts from the assessment period in which the decision was made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Reading this again and to make sure i've advised you correctly as it's not clear because you said this...
    Ry223 said:
     will it backdate to the date when I first give my sick not in

Then this..
    Ry223 said:
    Hi.. They sent me a letter saying they needed to do a reassessment

Did you report a change of circumstances with a worsening of health condition on your journal?  Or did UC start this review?
  • Ry223
    Options
    I first got lcw for one thing in 2017 an I started having seizers in 2018 so my helth condition did change over time am just not sure if they owe anything because I was getting 120 lcw since 2017 now from the 24th of September found to have lcwra but my assessment was ment to be in January 2020 but with covid an everything else going on 
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2021
    Options
    You're not answering the question and your question can't be answered correctly without this correct information. I know your health condition got worse but what's important is whether you reported this onto your journal by clicking "report a change."
    If you didn't and they prompted the review then the extra money is paid from the assessment period in which the decision was made. There will be no backdated money owed.
  • Ry223
    Options
    After time you have to do another assessment because it's been so long I didn't report a change in my circumstances I just had a message in my journal one day saying I have a health assessment 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Ry223 said:
    After time you have to do another assessment because it's been so long I didn't report a change in my circumstances I just had a message in my journal one day saying I have a health assessment 
    So they initiated the review then. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Ry223 said:

Which means no backdated money is owed and this advice here is correct.
    the extra money is paid from the assessment period in which the decision was made.

• Ry223
    Options
    Yeah no worries thanks for your help if I knew what I was talking about I could help abit more but I don't have a clue that's why I've messaged this site... I have received lcw since 2017.. Receded a message in 2020 saying attend my assessment phone call.. Didn't change my circumstances before hand so that just means am intitled to the extra £300 and no backpayment to 2020 when they sent me the message 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Of course we are here to help but i was asking a specific question, that you didn't answer to start with so the correct advice couldn't be given.
    It doesn't matter that you had to wait so long for the assessment, as the review was started by them then there's no backdated money owed.

• Ry223
    Options
    Okay thankyou for your help and clearing it up 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.