Would my son's partner lose her LCWRA if she moved in with him? He has a job — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would my son's partner lose her LCWRA if she moved in with him? He has a job

Options
Karenshaw
Karenshaw Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
HI.  My sons partner wants to move in with him. He has a job and is not on any benefits.  She currently lives with her mum.  She gets the LCWRA element of universal credit.  Will she be able to still get this when she moves in and registers her new address?  She seems to think she will loose this benefit if she moves out from her current address?  Does anyone know?  or who I can get in touch with to find out? thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Changing address is not the issue. Going from single to being half of a couple is.

She would have to declare she has a partner. He would then have to claim UC so that the claim could be a couple claim. Whether or not any UC remains payable will depend on their joint finances,
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They should use a benefits calculator to check if there will be any entitlement to UC. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/Intro/Home?cid=909f536a-df99-4b7e-b158-9a5c7e19ef77

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.