Hi, my name is sand74! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sand74!

sand74
sand74 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hello my Name is sandi, i have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and CFS, although i’ve been suffering the symptoms for 10 years.. i have only just applied for pip, due to having to cut my working hours to part-time.. 
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sand74 - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community, Sandi. We have a lot of members with fibromyalgia, & also ME/CFS, who will understand what you've been living with. How are you getting on since going part time with work? Have you sent your PIP claim form off? :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @sand74, I hope you are well.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • sand74
    @chiarieds thanks for the reply.. to be honest i’m starting to wonder how i ever worked full time.. i’m not really feeling any better, just a little more time to relax… Money is really tight, i’m still waiting for the form to say how my condition affects me.. i’m worried i won’t be eligible or that won’t deem me eligible.. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sand74 - As far as PIP goes, it's not about any diagnosis, but rather how your disability affects certain activities of daily living &/mobility. Have a look at the activities/descriptors that are looked at with PIP: 
    Try & give a couple of recent, detailed examples as to the difficulty you face for each applicable descriptor, i.e. what exactly happens, when did it happen, did anyone witness this, & were there any consequences, i.e. how did it leave you feeling after attempting/doing an activity, fatigued/exhausted for example?
    Can you do an activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, repeat it as often as one would reasonably expect, or does it take you much longer than someone without a disability? See this mentioned at the end of the link above.
    Try keeping a diary for a week or so. Just complete a few questions at a time, & you can always add extra pages at the end. Just ensure you put your name & National Insurance number on each page. You can also ring the PIP enquiry line on 0800 121 4433 to ask for extra time to complete the form, & you will be given another 2 weeks without question. There can be postal delays tho, so post your form in good time. Keep a copy of everything 'just in case,' & get a free Certificate of Posting from your Post Office when sending the form off.
    Please do come back with any questions about the 'How does your disability affect you' form.
  • sand74
    @Teddybear12 thanks.. I’m a worrier by nature.. i’m trying my best not to stress about it.. i live on my own so all the responsibilities lay at my feet so to speak.. which make life harder in a lot of respects.. it’s nice to have somewhere to ask questions as my friends and family don’t really understand how i feel.. but i don’t expect them too .. 
    @chiarieds thank you i will take a look, there’s so much i can’t do and stuff i can but suffer afterwards.. i’m often my own worse enemy, and do things i know will cause a reaction, but sometimes i have no choice 

Brightness