My telephone assessment is on the 18th October. Has anyone been through it? I'm so nervous — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My telephone assessment is on the 18th October. Has anyone been through it? I'm so nervous

Options
meranaseeb37
meranaseeb37 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi guys my letter for pip assesment with Capita is on 18th october..i have an telephone assesment i am so nervous any1 been through it?i have osteoarthritis and finding everyday life very difficult with all these flare ups.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,259 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    If you're using a mobile make sure it's fully charged before the appointment time and grab a drink to put next to you. . Have a read through the form you sent before the assessment, so you can remind yourself of what you said in the form (you should have kept a copy) Part of the assessment will be to verify what you said in the form, as well as any additional information they need. Take your time when answering the questions and if you don't understand the question then ask them to repeat it. Try to avoid answering with just a yes or no and give some real life examples of what happens when you try to complete that activity, if you didn't do this when filling out the form.
    Assessment times can vary between 20 - 90 minutes sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @meranaseeb37

Thank you for posting, it's quite normal to be nervous ahead of the assessment, but it's good that you have a couple of weeks to get ready for it, I'm sure you'll do well. It might be a good idea to make some notes of things you want to cover in the assessment.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tharos
    Tharos Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    meranaseeb37 

I had my first just over a week ago. I was very nervous too, I really didn't know what to expect,  but it was okay! As the others have said, if you kept a copy of your answers I found it very useful to refer back to. I also made some niotes beforehand to make sure I didn't forget anything I wanted to make sure I included (specific symptoms, adaptions, examples of situations etc). You are also allowed to have a companion with you during the call if you wish, that can help with the nerves.

I wrote a little bit about my own experience in this thread, if it helps

https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/449186

Good luck!
    He/Him 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.