Hidden disabilities and the DWP Rant — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hidden disabilities and the DWP Rant

Sarahmac83
Sarahmac83 Community member Posts: 7 Courageous
this week the DWP have made me feel very low. I have serval mental health issues plus physical issues with my neck and my lower back. I have carers come into my  home and they do  not seem to care  that I am not flexible on the days I can work I have considered a mandatory reconsideration but they said no 

I am tired of fighting  for everything

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,318 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,
    I'm assuming because you mention "the days you can work" you're talking about a recent work capability assessment? Were you found fit for work?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sarahmac83
    HI,
    I'm assuming because you mention "the days you can work" you're talking about a recent work capability assessment? Were you found fit for work?
    yes despite the fact they have known that I have carers coming I told them  all of this  and I feel like I am being bullied into work despite all the issues I have told them about including that am under Neurology and yet they don't seem to care all I am to them is a number

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
     I have considered a mandatory reconsideration but they said no 
    Do you mean atet you have requested a Mandatory Reconsideration and have now had a decision on that request which is unchanged. If so you can appeal the tribunal service.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Sarahmac83
    calcotti said:
     I have considered a mandatory reconsideration but they said no 
    Do you mean atet you have requested a Mandatory Reconsideration and have now had a decision on that request which is unchanged. If so you can appeal the tribunal service.
    yeah I know but I have already been through it with Pip and still got refused   hence why I am tired of fighting because I know that I will suffer a nervous breakdown
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,318 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    PIP and the work capability assessment for limited capability for work are 2 completely different benefits, with totally different criteria. Whether you qualify for limited capability for work will depend on how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work.
    PIP is about how your conditions affect your ability to do dail;y activities based on the PIP descriptors. Sadly, you can have a disability but not qualify for PIP because if you don't meet the descriptors, you won't score the points needed for an award.
    Expert advice would be a start, if you can get that and if you can get some representation then even better. Start here. When you "choose a topic" drop down to welfare benefits, https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness