If I submitted MR and was awarded enhanced for both, when would it be backdated from? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If I submitted MR and was awarded enhanced for both, when would it be backdated from?

stacei
stacei Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone just a quick question I got awarded pip standard daily living but no mobility i definitely don’t agree with this due to many issues but I’m just wondering if awarded the enhanced for both will it be backdated from when I first claimed or from when I got awarded standard daily living.. thanks in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    From when you first claimed, providing this was your first time claim and you didn't transfer from DLA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @stacei :) 

I hope that poppy123456's comment has been helpful. Do you feel confident in knowing how to submit an MR?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • stacei
    Thank you poppy and yes tori it’s all sent they have had it for 4 weeks so now just a waiting game I was one point  off the enhanced for daily n zero for mobility which was one of the main reason i applied 
  • stacei
    So the decision maker called today we went through the points at the end of the call she said no decision has been made but kept on saying there is another appeal process if i don’t agree with it now I’m worried and rather stressed x
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    They are correct to advise you that you have further appeal rights if you remain unhappy with the decision and they are supposed to do so.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @stacei I'm sorry your feeling a bit worried and stressed, but as you say, no decision has been made just yet. If you can, try not to dwell on it. Spend time doing things you enjoy, or that help you relax :)

As calcotti says, the DM advising you about what to do if you're still unhappy with the decision is just part of the standard procedure, and doesn't mean things have gone one way or another. 

Let us know when you hear more, I wish you all the best for a positive outcome, and remember we are here if you need us.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • stacei
    So I called this morning and was told the decision remains the same 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Then your next step is to request the Tribunal. You may want to get some expert advice before doing this to check that you qualify for any mobility because having "too many issues" doesn't automatically qualify you. Start here for this and choose the topic welfare benefits. https://advicelocal.uk/ if you can get representation then even better.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.