KICKED OUT OF NHS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

KICKED OUT OF NHS

Lesanne
Lesanne Community member Posts: 5 Connected
I am a 62 yr old woman who suffered a trauma injury 8th July 2017, very little imput from Pain Management,  no physio , no mental heath , loss of use of right leg. Transferred from one hospital trust to another with my knowledge,  now denied treatment from that trust, for alleged mental health, without ever being seen. Ignored by GP, now removed from their list. No medication or medical input since June. I'm lost,  alone and ...... afraid. 
I never knew  in this country, you can be denied treatment,  and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.
I have fought for over 4 years to stay on my feet and have absolutely nowhere to turn 
Stay strong  .... wish I could 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Why has the GP removed you from their list? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Why were you also denied treatment? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Lesanne :) I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a difficult time at the moment. It's difficult to say why all this might have happened, as we don't know all of the details. Things can sometimes go wrong, and services can be disjointed sadly.

Have you ever had a needs assessment from your local authority? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Lesanne
    No, had absolutely nothing 
  • Lesanne
    Trust me, if you knew what the last 4 yrs 3mths and 1 day have been like you wouldn't believe it expect for the SAR requests, drowning in paperwork,  I'm  broken,  degraded, I've tried so bloody hard .....
  • poppy123456
    Impossible to comment further as it seems you've only given part of the story. I don't understand why you've been refused treatment and why you've been removed from your GP surgery.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Could you change GP surgeries @lesanne? Is there another one in your area that you could travel to? 

If you feel as though you could benefit from getting a needs assessment from your local authority, you can apply for one by putting your postcode into this gov.uk page and following the steps. This is also something we'd be happy to get started for you, if that'd be easier? If you'd like to know more about this, please email us on community@scope.org.uk. 

I'm sure it must be exhausting to fight for that long, but you deserve to get the support you need :) 

• Lesanne
    Trust me you can get kicked out of the NHS and I've got the paperwork here to prove it. No, face to face, no consultation, nothing. I had yet another letter today, copied into a Gp letter to a doctor who was not my GP, I am so glad in 4 + yrs I never went to a appointment  alone. I have absolutely no trust in the NHS, I have no intention of trying anymore to register with another gp, whats the point i was a patient there for over 37 yrs.

If I had assaulted an emergency worker I would be able to get access to medication.

Anyway please make no further comments,  I have been down all routes in the last 6 months. 

I haven't got the energy or time to go down the legal route. 

I'm sick of trying ? 
  • Lesanne
    OMG, first time here, wish I hadn't have bothered,  thanks for you thrashing.  
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2021
    I don't see any "thrashing." Surely you can see why we're asking questions. You came here, posted a thread with little information. Members have asked you questions, which you haven't answered... other than "trust me." We don't understand the reason why you posted if you didn't want people to comment.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lesanne - & welcome to the community. I've had difficulty with many NHS Drs, but felt I needed to work with them so they understood. I had my last rheumatologist say that my neurological problems were worse than my rheumatological problems, & that he would normally refer me to his colleagues (neurologist & neurosurgeon), but, I'd already seen them. He didn't know what to suggest other than he would be happy to support me with a referral to a USA based neurosurgeon I knew, but I was concerned that if I received surgery in the USA & had problems back here in the UK what would happen? I haven't seen a consultant in probably 10 years. Does that mean Drs haven't tried to help me? It happens, sometimes there are no appropriate answers, & the NHS can't help. Has that happened to you?
    I'm sorry you don't see that everyone here would be willing to advise if we knew what your grievance exactly was.
    Now a person I knew got denied care from her GP surgery as she was making increasing demands upon them; booking consultations prior to needing them, etc. but this was some time ago. What has happened with yourself?
    If you don't let us know what the problem(s) are, how can we help?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Closed pending review.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Tori_Scope
    Hi @Lesanne,

Having read back through the thread, am I right in thinking that perhaps you just wanted to use this thread to vent, rather than to receive advice on what you could do? It's fine if so, and I'm sorry if we misunderstood the kind of response you were hoping for. 

It does sound as though you have a lot on your plate, and that this has been getting you down. I appreciate that you don't want to engage with NHS services at the moment, but it's important you get some support if you need it. Do you have friends or family you can lean on for emotional or practical support? I know you've mentioned physical conditions here, but if you ever need support with your mental health you can use the Hub of Hope to find mental health support from charities and other organisations local to you. Our offer to start a social care referral for you with your local authority also still stands, so please do get in touch with us via email if that's something you'd like to discuss further. 

I'm sorry if you feel as though other members were 'thrashing' you. For future reference, you can report any posts or comments that you think break our house rules by using the 'flag' function underneath the comment or post. The community team can then review this. 

As a reminder to everyone on the thread: please ensure that your tone remains polite and friendly where possible. Other members aren't obligated to share more information about their situation if they're not comfortable doing so, and it's important to remember that some people may post to get things off of their chest, rather than to receive practical advice as such. If you don't feel as though you can offer advice on a situation due to a lack of information, there's no pressure on you to respond. 

I've reopened this thread for now in case you wish to respond @Lesanne, but I can close it again (which locks the thread) if you'd prefer for no further comments to be made. I'll also re-close the thread if the discussion becomes uncivil.

• sben
    sben Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    HAVE YOU BEEN TOLD WHY YOU WERE KICKED OUT OF HOSPITAL?
    WAS THERE A REASON FOR YOU TO BE KICKED OUT OF HOSPITAL?
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
        Really no need to use capitals, comes across as very rude
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sben

Just wanted to check if you intended to put your message all in capitals, or whether it was a typing error as can happen occasionally?

Either way, I'm sure you won't have intended it to come across as rude at all.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness