Is it normal to have your assessment with assessor and manager? And for both to ask questions? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it normal to have your assessment with assessor and manager? And for both to ask questions?

shellybella
shellybella Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there just checking to see is it normal to have ur assessment with assessor and her manager? And had 2 of them asking questions ? 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @shellybella :) Thanks for joining. 

What was this an assessment for? 

I can't recall if I've heard of this happening before, but hopefully one of our other members will have some experience or knowledge on this. I imagine it could be that the assessor was in training, and that the assessor's manager was perhaps there to ensure that nothing was missed? 

Did you feel as though you got across everything that you wanted to say? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shellybella - & welcome to the community. A few of our members have said that they had 2 people with their PIP assessment phone calls. As Tori said, it was when an assessor was still training, & that another was either listening in, or joined in to oversee the assessment went correctly. Hope that reassures you. :)
  • shellybella
    Hi sorry was for pip been waiting since March and only got my assessment on Friday and there was 2 people one was my assessor and the other lady was her assessor said she was only there to listen in and wouldn’t ask anything but she did at the end had me going over good days and bad days and my medication again and at the end was told it would take about 8 wks for decision letter so I’m waiting on that coming in  thank u both for ur reply’s 
  • shellybella
    Some
    of the questions I was asked I found strange like they wanted to know when I started school and finished school and all about my jobs I’ve had and gave me some Scenarios to run through and to answer which I found weren’t  quite a relevant to my condition . This is my first time ever applying for pip as I dident know about pip as I have always worked and struggled through with my condition I have lost jobs in the past due to having time off with my condition and was only over the last few months I was told about PIP and I could apply for it 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    My first f2f ESA assessment was with an assessor and her manager, although the manager didn't get too involved, as for questions they can ask anything they need to help them build up a picture of the claimant.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• shellybella
    @woodbine thanks as like I said I have never done this before so wasent sure if it was normal 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Some of the questions you're asked may not seem relevant to you, yet important to the assessor to build up an opinion of how you are, as woodbine says. I can only comment on the school questions, as I do know those have been asked with some of our members.
    They do ask about good days & bad days as they need to know how you are the majority of the time. So, these sort of questions are normal, & nothing to worry about. Unfortunately it does take on average 8 weeks to get your decision letter, but please kindly let us all know how you get on, & ask any other questions in the meanwhile. Good luck. :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Although you may not think the questions they ask are relevant, they are. They are trying to get a picture of how your conditions affect you. The assessment is to gather more evidence. The report will be written based on their opinion of what you said in the form, the evidence you sent and what you said during the assessment. 
    Decision waiting times are anything between 2 - 12 weeks sometimes longer. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • shellybella
    I will keep all updated still early days on it as it was just Friday there anyways the condition I have is migraine Associated vertical and it can last for days had for at least 11 years and only over the last year it had gotten worse I found it strange I wasn’t asked if I could walk out side my house and for how long I was asked about walking in my house I told them I have a zimmer and a walking stick was also asked about if I drove I told them yes only when my vertigo is gone so I only drive once a wk but not all the time I’m just hoping it went well as I do feel it dident and was on phone 2hours so fingers crossed all is ok was told at the end that they have all they needed and if within the 8 wks anything changes I could call dwp and let them know ?? thank u all for u comments 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.