Hi, my name is kb0919! I've not received my full ESA payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kb0919! I've not received my full ESA payment

Options
kb0919
kb0919 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, 

Please can someone help. I've not received my full ess payment today and received a letter listin my payments and when they change if deductions. I'm currently deducted 29.71 a week for a budgeting loan. Yet my money has dropped dramatically lower and I've had no change in circumstance and its very confusing. I had a budgeting loan in May of 500 taking me from 171.70 a week to 141.99 due to 29.71 in deductions, i understand that. In  August I had another 300 and had started paying that back when my other loan finished on the 14th September. So I then received my £171.70 on the 21st and was due to commence paying the second 300 loan from the 28th. Therefore I expected as advised to have 29.71 deducted. Yet it states unlike the other straightforward info from the 28th I receive £74.69 a week due to deductions and a change in money coming in? There are no changes and iv been unable to get through to them. My bills were due and have bounced and I'm a mess. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    We can only guess what exactly has happened here so i'm afraid you will need to ring DWP again tomorrow and ask them. I always find the best time to ring them is as soon as they open but it can still take up to an hour to get through to them. Hopefully when you ring early tomorrow then you'll get to speak to someone who can help you because we coould be here all night trying to guess.
    If it is an error then they can do a same day payment for you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kb0919
    kb0919 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, I did wonder if its the severe disability premium I get for pip, as my pip was wrongly closed down on the 29th of September but is now open again but the last page of the letter still showed a pip award so it can't be that. Can you advise me at all if my pip award does stop in future do I lose my sdp payment with my ess? If so I then think iv worked out when my loan of 29.71 has been paid back I get 104.40, which is possibly 74.35 living and the 29.55 work related part?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you've confirmed that you are in the WRAG and not Support Group then my calculations tell me that it is the SDP that hasn't been included with your ESA payment this time. You need a PIP daily living award to be entitled to the SDP, so that answers the SDP award question.
    The reason why it you haven't received the SDP this time is highly likely because of your PIP award incorrectly ending at the end of September. A call to DWP will sort this out and they should make a same day manual payment to you, you'll just need to wait in the queue for them to answer, i know it's annoying but i'm sure you'll love the music while you're on hold ;)  
    Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.