Do I need to ring them to let them know I want an MR, or is the document in the post enough? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I need to ring them to let them know I want an MR, or is the document in the post enough?

coralfang
coralfang Community member Posts: 15 Connected
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hey, I recently received my decision letter and was awarded two points. I sent off my MR document/additional information recorded delivery over the weekend, do i need to ring them and let them know i want an MR also or is the document in the post enough?

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,354 Disability Gamechanger
    You don't need to ring them to request it but sending recorded delivery was a waste of money. It's not going to get there any quicker than normal first class post with proof of posting which is free. It's not classed as arriving until it's been added to the computer, which at the moment cant take 4+ weeks. Signed for delivery means it's signed for by someone from Royal Mail sorting office. MR decision waiting times is up to 12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • coralfang
    coralfang Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Thanks- that's ok, my mum sent it for me it wasn't much more than normal. what if it isnt uploaded onto the system in time? the letter said i had to let them know within 4 weeks that i want an MR? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,354 Disability Gamechanger
    You have 13 months to request it, not 1 month so it will be fine.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.