Waiting and Anxiety. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting and Anxiety.

Jason1
Jason1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Morning, hope that everyone is well, or at least having more good than bad days in this strange world we live in...
I just wanted to ask a question please. 
Some of you may remember that I applied for PIP due to my arthritis, fused bones, anxiety etc. The first was not successful, (due to no fault of my own).
I took some advice and had help with my Mandatory reconsideration appeal, and sent that in. It has now been 8 weeks, and have been told due to staff shortages etc, it could be up to 12 to 16 weeks before I hear. 
I suffer with anxiety, and every time I try and ring them, have to put phone down because of it. There is no-one else who can ring on my behalf. Should I wait? Or should I control myself and ring them...
I worry that it will be bad news, as the Government are doing what they can to save money.
Any advice would be appreciated.
With thanks and blessings.
Jason

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    There are huge backlogs as you've correctly been informed of. I see very little point in putting yourself through more anxiety by continuing to try to ring them. Once the decision's been made they will send you the decision letter.
    Your thoughts that the Government are trying to save money by refusing PIP claims is definitely not correct. Lots of people successfully claim PIP with no problems at all.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GAACO
    GAACO Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi I’m new to here so hoping someone would be able to help me.
    I received my paper based assessment report today but I don’t know how to score it as there is no boxes or anything or nothing to go on?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Decision are taking a long time 

Ringing will not make it any quicker or affect the decision 

In your case I would just wait for the decision letter as if you ring it may just cause more anxiety and could be a waste of time 
  • GAACO
    Hi Janer1967, I have read in this forum that once you receive your report you can go by the Scottish but I’m unsure how to do this?
  • GAACO
    Janer1967, scoring system that was meant to be 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @GAACO and welcome to the community 

You would be better off starting your own post to get the best response 

The report usually has dots beside the descriptors which indicate the recommendation points which you can then add up to see total 

This is just the recommendation though and not the decision the decision maker will make a decision based on all evidence 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    GAACO said:
    Hi I’m new to here so hoping someone would be able to help me.
    I received my paper based assessment report today but I don’t know how to score it as there is no boxes or anything or nothing to go on?

Your question was answered on your thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/84984/hi-my-name-is-gaaco#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jason1
    Jason1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    @poppy123456 @janer1967 Thank you both for your replies and re-assurance. As you can appreciate it is a tough time for me, and I just want some good news, but fear I will have to go to another appeal. 
    Hope your all o.k, il just be patient.
    Thank you.
    Jason

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.