I've just received my paper based report, but I don't know how to work out the scoring — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've just received my paper based report, but I don't know how to work out the scoring

Options
GAACO
GAACO Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I’m new to here, I’m wondering if anyone can help me. I just received my paper based report but I don’t know how to work scoring out as there is no boxes or anything to go by on pip report ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Towards the back of the report there should be activities and descriptors. Next to each descriptor there should be a dot or tick.
    You can use the PIP self test and put the dots into the self test as they are in the report and work out what has been recommended. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test
    Please not that it's not the decision, it's a recommendation only.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GAACO
    Options
    Thank you Poppy123456, do the case manager and decision makers not go with the report the health accessors scores you? Also what’s points do you need for pips?
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2021
    Options
    The assessors don't score you any points, which is why they are not added up in the report, they make recommendations only. The decision maker scores the points. They mostly go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it.
    Did you put the dots into the link i provide above? if you did at the end it will add them up for you. You need at least 8 points for standard and 12 for Enhanced. There's 2 part to PIP, daily living and mobility
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • GAACO
    Options
    Yes Poppy123456, I added them up. According to that I’m entitled to enhanced but I don’t want to get my hopes up.
    I rung today for an update as my claim has been in nearly 5 months they said that they checked an email and they said it says I should have my decision 15 working days after my report which would be Thursday coming so hopefully I will hear something back soon
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Are you aware that you don't add up points from daily living and mobility as a total score because they are separate.
  • GAACO
    Options
    Yes Poppy123456 I added them up separate when I got to question 10.
    The waiting is a nightmare my anxiety is so high with it. Hopefully I will get a decision soon 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    15 working days from report been sent back is been a bit optimistic. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Decision's can take between 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer after the assessment has been completed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.