Reward dates. How to appeal this? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reward dates. How to appeal this?

2»

Comments

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    Have spoken to the Welfare Officer with regards to a longer length reward. Have been advised that she cannot see that happening. I didn’t disclose my disability, just pointed out that I wasn’t going to get any better, in fact my condition will get worse. She spoke about somebody being born blind yet they still have to keep sending forms in. Also someone with Downs. In short, I was told it would be a complete waste of time.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Leigh14 said:
     I didn’t disclose my disability, just pointed out that I wasn’t going to get any better, in fact my condition will get worse.
    Not sure how you could have been given any advice without telling how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 said:
     I didn’t disclose my disability, just pointed out that I wasn’t going to get any better, in fact my condition will get worse.
    Not sure how you could have been given any advice without telling how your conditions affect you.
    No questions were asked by her. Like I said, I did say my condition won’t get better, and as she didn’t ask what I have, I assumed, as she’s a Welfare Officer, that she knows what she’s talking about. To be honest, I’ve received more info on this forum than I have from her.
  • Leigh14
    Thankyou for your response @Username_removed. Can you explain this further,  If you're not being medically reviewed in 3 years time then DWP would struggle to justify why you should be reviewed by them just in case. 
    I don’t really understand that part ??‍♀️
    I honestly don’t know if I should just leave well alone, or go through with trying to get the longer review. 
  • ellieflower3
    ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
    how is everyone?
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • Leigh14
    That I that is a brilliant explanation @Username_removed. With that in mind, I will definitely go for the tribunal stage. Do I notify the MR or PIP that this is what I shall be doing?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Leigh14 said:
    That I that is a brilliant explanation @Username_removed. With that in mind, I will definitely go for the tribunal stage. Do I notify the MR or PIP that this is what I shall be doing?
    When you lodge the appeal HMCTS will notify DWP, you don’t need to tell them yourself.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Leigh14

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.