Hi, my name is JaneAsh! I'm having some EHCP troubles — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is JaneAsh! I'm having some EHCP troubles

Options
JaneAsh
JaneAsh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in Education
Pleased to meet you all :)
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @JaneAsh - it's good to 'meet' you too. I hope you enjoy being part of this friendly community. How are you today? :)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @JaneAsh

Welcome to Scope's forum. We are pleased to meet you too. Would you like to tell us more about your motivations for joining Scope's forum and your interests? It would be great to get to know you and to signpost you to areas of the website you may find particularly interesting and useful  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community @JaneAsh :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @JaneAsh :) It's great to have you with us!

As the others have said, please feel free to take a look around the community and let us know a little more about yourself whenever you feel comfortable. 

Please just give us a shout if you need anything!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • ellieflower3
    ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
    Options
    hey nice to meet you
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • JaneAsh
    JaneAsh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Afternoon all , hope you’re all well. I contacted Scope this morning for some advice on colleges and EHCP. She was so lovely and helpful it inspired me to join. My son is autistic and having a nightmare at college, no support in place and plan not being followed. He is band 4 high level needs. It’s so frustrating and upsetting to see him struggling and his needs not being met. I have insisted on having a meeting with his tutors and head of department. I’m tired of fighting the same fight all time. How hard is it to follow a plan?
    If anyone else wants to moan about EHCP or talk about anything really I’m all ears . Thanks for  listening :)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @JaneAsh

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing such a tough time. I am glad Scope was supportive though and you benefited from talking to Scope. Indeed, the college has a legal responsibility to follow the EHCP. Let's hope they start following it! Practically, you could also escalate it to senior leadership and the local authority. However, in terms of your own needs, we are here for you if you just need an ear to listen and a shoulder to lean on! We understand how draining and frustrating this must be for you. Keep going. Your son deserves better than the current provision he is receiving. Wishing you both the best of luck  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness