I have a double barreled question about ESA and reporting health changes. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have a double barreled question about ESA and reporting health changes.

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    No, you don't need to ring them because you're already in the process of a PIP review. As you already told them about your worsening of condition in the form you filled in there's nothing further to tell them. You have to be very careful when ringing to report changes because new forms could be sent out to you.
    PIP isn't about not being able to work, so quiting work is not a change of circumstances that needs reporting.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Manudxp
    Manudxp Community member Posts: 67 Connected
    No, you don't need to ring them because you're already in the process of a PIP review. As you already told them about your worsening of condition in the form you filled in there's nothing further to tell them. You have to be very careful when ringing to report changes because new forms could be sent out to you.
    PIP isn't about not being able to work, so quiting work is not a change of circumstances that needs reporting.
    Hi and thanks for your response. Yes I was thinking calling them wasn't necessarily a good idea. I've quit work as I'm unable to work, not in the hope it will assist my claim.
    Kind regards,

Dave
  • Manudxp
    Manudxp said:
    Hi and thanks for your response. Yes I was thinking calling them wasn't necessarily a good idea. I've quit work as I'm unable to work, not in the hope it will assist my claim.
    Kind regards,

Dave
    I wasn't going to report I'd finished work, I was going to report a worsening of my condition @poppy123456
  • ellieflower3
    ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
    hugs to you all
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, i realised you were going to call them to report a worsening of condition. As you've already told them on your review forms you don't need to ring them.
    Most people have assessments for reviews so once an appointment becomes available they will contact you. Backlogs for PIP assessments are huge too so there maybe quite a wait for this. In the meantime, try to relax and forget about it, although i do realise that's not an easy thing to do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Manudxp
    @poppy123456 you are not wrong.
    Thanks
  • ellieflower3
    ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
     <3 
    Lilly Josh  <3

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.