Disability with mental health TW abuse — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability with mental health TW abuse

ellieflower3
ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
edited October 2021 in Mental health and wellbeing
I fight to tell the tale, I suffer badly due to chronic pain which makes me poorly and unwell the most. I also suffer with BPD and other mental health issues due to abuse. 
I am wondering, is it normal to have mental health with a disability? or do others not experience the same as me? I find it hard waking up in a happy mood when I can't do much but I try to be as happy as i can even when i don't want to be but what can i do? try get past this tough time i suppose. Ellie  
It has made me worse after getting abused and taken the mick after i failed to take a maths exam when i tried my hardest but got bullied from other people. 
not saying I'm standing up to the bullies but i am making my voice be heard to help others in the same situation. we shouldn't have to go through hate and it's annoying but i am trying. 
we should be like other humans we should be cared for the same we should have equal rights even with a disability we shouldn't be treated differently as it's not called for and that isn't how society is like, we are the same but we have a few crashes along the way we are equal to be respected not treated like rubbish as that's not what we deserve as we are beautiful as anyone else in this world. we aren't any different your important and everyone is.

if your finding life tricky sending you hugs
Lilly Josh  <3

Comments

• ellieflower3
     <3 
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ellieflower3 :) Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. 

Many people with other conditions also experience mental health problems, so you're definitely not the only one.

You're right that disabled people shouldn't have to experience inequality. It's good to hear that you're passionate about this! 

Are you receiving any support for your mental health at the moment? 

You've also mentioned having experienced abuse. I'm sorry that you went though this. Are you out of that situation now? Have you spoken to a professional about the abuse you experienced?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • ellieflower3
    Hi @ellieflower3 :) Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. 

Many people with other conditions also experience mental health problems, so you're definitely not the only one.

You're right that disabled people shouldn't have to experience inequality. It's good to hear that you're passionate about this! 

Are you receiving any support for your mental health at the moment? 

You've also mentioned having experienced abuse. I'm sorry that you went though this. Are you out of that situation now? Have you spoken to a professional about the abuse you experienced?
    hey! No worries we deserve to have a part in life :) I have but got a response I didn't except 
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • Tori_Scope
    What kind of response did you get @ellieflower3? And who did you try speaking to?

• ellieflower3
    What kind of response did you get @ellieflower3? And who did you try speaking to?
    police. they were mean to me. blaming me and telling me that things
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    I feel like my disability is making my life worse :( 
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    I fight to tell the tale, I suffer badly due to chronic pain which makes me poorly and unwell the most. I also suffer with BPD and other mental health issues due to abuse. 
    I am wondering, is it normal to have mental health with a disability? or do others not experience the same as me? I find it hard waking up in a happy mood when I can't do much but I try to be as happy as i can even when i don't want to be but what can i do? try get past this tough time i suppose. Ellie  
    It has made me worse after getting abused and taken the mick after i failed to take a maths exam when i tried my hardest but got bullied from other people. 
    not saying I'm standing up to the bullies but i am making my voice be heard to help others in the same situation. we shouldn't have to go through hate and it's annoying but i am trying. 
    we should be like other humans we should be cared for the same we should have equal rights even with a disability we shouldn't be treated differently as it's not called for and that isn't how society is like, we are the same but we have a few crashes along the way we are equal to be respected not treated like rubbish as that's not what we deserve as we are beautiful as anyone else in this world. we aren't any different your important and everyone is.

if your finding life tricky sending you hugs

This is so I can get answers im deleting the other one
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    just others yeah
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • Tori_Scope
    edited October 2021
    I've combined your threads into one instead of deleting the other one @ellieflower3. If you still want me to remove the first thread, just let me know :) 
    I'm sorry they made you feel this way. They shouldn't have done. Have you ever tried speaking to an abuse charity about what happened? They can sometimes be more understanding.

• ellieflower3
    I've combined your threads into one instead of deleting the other one @ellieflower3. If you still want me to remove the first thread, just let me know :) 
    I'm sorry they made you feel this way. They shouldn't have done. Have you ever tried speaking to an abuse charity about what happened? They can sometimes be more understanding.
    i might try that
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    i cant make a discussion
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • Poppiex21
    Poppiex21 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    @ellieflower3

so sorry to read this,  are you making a new discussion? im new here, so not 100% how it all works.

Brightness