Joke. The assessor kept laughing through the questions and I've scored 0 on all of it — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Joke. The assessor kept laughing through the questions and I've scored 0 on all of it

Options
Lennyboy1
Lennyboy1 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Had my pip assessment I’ve had a heart attack a triple bypass and a stroke had my pip assessment from a lady who kept laughing through questions I’ve asked the dwp for a copy of her report as got 0 points on all of assessment think I should sign up for a marathon ille write again once I’ve received her review 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,230 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    If you've had the decision and been refused your next step is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR) You should state where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    Receiving a copy of the assessment report isn't going to help you get a PIP award and isn't really needed to request the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lennyboy1
    Options
    Ok many thanks I will take your advice and request a M R is this another form
  • Lennyboy1
    Options
    Just one thing will it help iff I see what the assessor has written to what I actually said on the telephone appointment 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Lennyboy1 said:
    Just one thing will it help iff I see what the assessor has written to what I actually said on the telephone appointment 

The assessment process is not for them to write what you said verbatim. It's for them to gather more evidence to support your claim. The report is their opinion based on everything, which includes the form you sent, anyh additional evidence you sent and what you said during the assessment.
    If it gets to Tribunal stage you will receive the "bundle" in this will contain everything, including the report. Concentrating on that report will not get you a PIP award, infact, doing so could damage your case.
    You can use this form here to request the MR but you'll need to print it off to be able to send it. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/challenge-a-decision-made-by-the-department-for-work-and-pensions-dwp

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lennyboy1 said:
    Getting the report can be a huge distraction because people get upset by what they see as lies in the report.

The information you need to to frame your MR is in the decision letter. If the decision letter has statements or observations in it with which you disagree you can refer to these. "The decision letter says .. This is a misunderstanding of how my health affects me. As I previously informed you on the PIP2...etc and add extra examples."
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Lennyboy1
    Options
    Many thanks for the advice 
  • Lennyboy1
    Options
    Hi and thanks I am going to write a letter disputing my decision do I say iff I think the assessor completely said the Tatar opposite of what I said and that she thinks in her opinion I can do everything she said over a telephone call
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, because as advised, this will not get you a PIP award. My advice is put the report away and forget about it because the assessment is done and now in the past.
    What you need to do is state where and why you think you should have scored those points and Add a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.

• Lennyboy1
    Options
    Many thanks about the assessor laughing and joking I didn’t think of that as I don’t think my health is really that funny
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,619 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    If you genuinely think the assessor was laughing at you, rather than just a generally 'giggly' person then you can make a complaint about them to the assessment provider. 

The point is that it's not at all helpful in your mandatory reconsideration so that should only be used to explain why you believe you fit the PIP descriptors.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.