I submitted a change of circumstances, but didn't hear anything. Have now been paid over £1000? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I submitted a change of circumstances, but didn't hear anything. Have now been paid over £1000?

DuffersMum
DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I submitted a change of circumstances in early August and have heard nothing from the DWP.  I was going to ring them this week to make sure they had received my form.

just checked my bank account as my payment for PIP is due today and they have paid in over £1,000 rather than then amount I usually get for standard care and standard mobility.

I’m presuming they must have done a paper assessment and given me enhanced for one component (thinking daily care as that was mainly what had changed).

Very surprised they didn’t call me for an assessment but obviously more than pleased I didn’t have to go through one as the last one I had as not a particularly nice experience.

Hoping to receive some sort of confirmation through the post as I don’t really want to ring up to check as know the phone lines are really busy.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It looks promising fingers crossed 
  • DuffersMum
    I gave them a ring and according to the chap I spoke to they have awarded enhanced care and enhanced mobility as an ongoing award, so no reviews for a few years.  Don’t think I will believe it until I see the letter which I hope will arrive before too long.  If it is as he says then it’s excellent news for me..so fingers crossed 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed @DuffersMum :) That does sound positive though!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • DuffersMum
    edited October 2021
    My letter arrived today and enhanced for both, up from standard for both, for ongoing period.

Still astonished that I didn’t need another assessment.  It’s very strange how they work I must admit, although I have read that they are going to implement changes to some aspects of the process so maybe this is as a result of that.

I always thought I should have got enhanced mobility last time but just couldn’t face going through the appeals process, admittedly my mobility is worse than it was 2 years ago and my care needs are too, so at least I think I now have the award I deserve.  An ongoing award is the cherry on the cake, although I do know they can decide to review at any time but hope they leave me alone for a few years at least.

all on all an excellent outcome :)
  • PIPnewbie
    PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    What’s enhanced care? I’ve never heard of this one

congrats anyway!
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    PIPnewbie said:
    What’s enhanced care? I’ve never heard of this one

congrats anyway!
    PIP is split into 2 components, care and mobility. 

You can be awarded standard or enhanced for each component. 
  • PIPnewbie
    PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    @MarkN88 wait, care is another term for daily living?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    MarkN88 said: ..PIP is split into 2 components, care and mobility. 
    Not strictly accurate, for PIP they are referred to as Daily Living and Mobility
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Yeah sorry, I knew what I meant, I had a memory lapse for a moment. 
  • DuffersMum
    Yes, sorry it’s daily living but i can’t edit it now!
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    MarkN88 said:
    Yeah sorry, I knew what I meant, I had a memory lapse for a moment. 
    We all have those.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.