Partner sent off MR and they received it 2 days ago. Suddenly extra PIP payment in her account?! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Partner sent off MR and they received it 2 days ago. Suddenly extra PIP payment in her account?!

PIPnewbie
PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So background as some know, my partner was in receipt of standard daily living and enhanced mobility and her award was due to end in June but got extended until October (now).

She applied, had phone assessment, and was then award standard both.

On her final PIP payment before the new rates of standard both kicked in they adjusted her last payment from the £490.20 down to £412.50. Don’t know how they worked that out.

Anyway her MR arrived at DWP (was signed for 2 days ago) and she noticed another PIP random small payment in her account today 2 days later. No correspondence from DWP yet.

She is so confused. Does this mean the MR might actually have worked? Or did they get her last payment wrong? :neutral:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,
    Being signed for doesn't mean it's with DWP. It's signed for by someone from Royal Mail and means it's somewhere in the building. It's not classed as arriving until it's been added to the computer, which can take quite a few weeks because of the huge postal backlogs. Which means it's unlikely the MR decision has been made at this stage.

We can only guess what the payment is for so she will need to ring them to ask.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • PIPnewbie
    Thanks @poppy123456

She’s asleep right now. I’ll get her to ring later or tomorrow.

I worked out that they made the award decision 2 weeks before her normal PIP payment day, and the difference between enhanced mobility and standard for 2 weeks was deducted from her last payment hence £490.20 to £412.50. 

But this payment she’s received doesn’t tally to anything. I’ve done all sorts of maths and it just doesn’t work out.
  • poppy123456
    It's very unlikely to be related to the MR decision because it takes 3-5 days for money to go into your bank once it's sent. The letter was only sent a couple of days ago.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • natz2009
    natz2009 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    I sent my m/r off in August still awaiting a decision they called me to go over the queations in my m/r last monday still waiting on decision letter gd luck but think it will be little while longer x
  • PIPnewbie
    natz2009 said:
    I sent my m/r off in August still awaiting a decision they called me to go over the queations in my m/r last monday still waiting on decision letter gd luck but think it will be little while longer x
    They called to discuss a MR?
  • poppy123456
    PIPnewbie said:
    natz2009 said:
    They called to discuss a MR?

They sometimes do, if they have questions to ask but it's rare they do this.
  • natz2009
    natz2009 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    They did with me but dont with everyone my sistwr stays in scotland and the never callwd her but i live in england not sure if its where we live or just to get a better understanding of your indavidual situation 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.