I waited 30 months for an assessment, and now need an F2F one. Will they backdate my payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I waited 30 months for an assessment, and now need an F2F one. Will they backdate my payment?

Options
Chez67uk
Chez67uk Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi does anyone know how to help i have been waiting 30 months for an assessment finally had it but now surely they'll have to backdate it because non of it is my fault first there was a backlog then I moved house ,informed them and appointment went to old address then a telephone assessment which took 1 hour and 20 minutes to be told they need face to face assessment, now the guidelines have changed so another hour long assessment on the telephone, I've heard they only backdate 3 months but all this time I've been told don't worry it will be backdated.
 but does anyone know for sure. 
Many thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Which benefit are we taking about here, possibly the work capability assessment? If so are you claiming Universal Credit or ESA? Is this a review or first time claim? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Chez67uk

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us and I hope you enjoy being here.

You've waited a long time there for your assessment, which I'm sorry to hear. What benefit is the assessment in relation to?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.