Scope launches new event 'Power Up and Play' — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Scope launches new event 'Power Up and Play'

Options
Ross_Alumni
Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2021 in Coffee lounge

It's time to game! 

Power Up and Play is Scope’s new fundraising event, built for streamers and gamers alike. 

Designed in collaboration with disabled gamers, Power Up and Play shines a light on the importance of accessibility and the power of inclusion.

Whether you play to beat your best score, to relax or to share your unique experience of gaming, there’s an activity or challenge for you.

Watch the trailer for Power Up and Play below, and visit this page for further information and details of how you can get involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnT-QnyCbmM

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
Tagged:

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope

Thanks for sharing about this opportunity! It looks great. Are any of our community members interested and thinking about joining in?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Poppiex21
    Poppiex21 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    How awesome is that!! I will have a look.   My son actually leant me his Oculus Quest VR when i was having a bad anxiety day, bearing in mind, i am 49, the last game console i ever touched was the PS1.  Havent played for years.  So he set it up, and said mum go and play the drums.  Beat Saber music where you have square blocks which are two colours the controllers are your drum sticks, you have to hit the right colour in the direction of the arrow in the box.  6 months ago he said have a go... not sure he meant keep it lol
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's great to hear that gaming has been helpful to you @Poppiex21! I'd definitely encourage you to take part in Power Up and Play if you feel able to :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness