Will my LCWRA award end the same date as my PIP award? I was never told a date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will my LCWRA award end the same date as my PIP award? I was never told a date

iopy123
iopy123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I receive PIP and UC LCWRA.

I know when my PIP award ends, but I don't know if the LCWRA element of UC is the same date? I never received any dates regarding that.

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    LCWRA is an ongoing award and will continue for as long as you remain entitled to it. You can contact DWP to ask if they have a date for your review but this is just a guide and it doesn't mean you'll be reviewed on that date. You can be reassessed anytime from 3 months. There's huge backlogs for work capability assessments at the moment so i would try not to worry.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • iopy123
    iopy123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Poppy

Thanks for your answer. I read somewhere else online that they generally they review you after one year, is this true?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    iopy123 said:
    Hi Poppy

Thanks for your answer. I read somewhere else online that they generally they review you after one year, is this true?

That's not exactly correct. As advised, they can reassess you anytime from 3 months. It can be a year, 18 months, 3 years. There are no set timescales and the time they tell you is nothing more than a guide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Just to add my own experience my lcwra has not been reviewed for nearly 3years now..I was awarded at tribunal though with a recommendation not to be reviewed for 3 years 

Expecting review forms anytime but not stressing deal with it when it happens 
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Personally I wouldnt ring the DWP to ask about LCWRA, if you not been asked for assessment then dont worry about it, the award is ongoing until terminated by claimant or overridden by another decision.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.