Pip appeal, will dwp read it? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal, will dwp read it?

sunny101
sunny101 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
Hi all,

I have put in my appeal for my pip decision, due to not being awarded the daily living component, at the standard rate.

I just wanted to ask will the dwp read what i have written in my apeal? As i dont feel i fully explained my situation properly and in enough detail with numerous real life examples of each disscriptor i believe i meet, within my claim and mandatory reconsideration. With the help i got here, I feel my appeal is alot better in explaining my disability fully,  and i knew when writing it, what i needed to do. It is 20 pages long, and details everything in depth.

Could they possibly change the decision without going to a hearing?

Thank you for all your help. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    sunny101 said: I just wanted to ask will the dwp read what i have written in my apeal? 
    Yes.
    sunny101 said:
    Could they possibly change the decision without going to a hearing?
    Yes. They may contact you and make you an offer of a revised decision. If you decline the appeal continues. If you accept the existing appeal lapses but if the 'offer' hasn't given you want you think you are entitled to you can start a new appeal (without going through MR).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sunny101
    sunny101 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Thank you @calcotti. Do you know the sort of time frame for dwp to respond to appeals?. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    sunny101 said:
    Thank you @calcotti. Do you know the sort of time frame for dwp to respond to appeals?. 
    Hugely variable and occasionally nonexistent.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.