DECISION TO LOWER DAILY AND MOBILITY RATES AFTER NEW LAWS 2018 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DECISION TO LOWER DAILY AND MOBILITY RATES AFTER NEW LAWS 2018

nickkie
nickkie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all 
Regarding the new law changes I was entitled to the enhanced rate of daily and mobility between 2016/19 which I only was receiving  the standard rate of mobility and I was awarded  enhanced daily living from 2015.
 I was informed to this change in mobility rates after my pip was reviewed in 2019 as I had just got my bipolar diagnoses as I had been awarded pip previously for servere depression anxiety etc.... I received a letter explaining the details and new decisions for 2016/19 but my new award in 2019 which now included my new diagnoses I was down graded to standard rate on both daily living and mobility 
I wanted to no am I entitled to the enhanced rates on both as my illness is worsening and effects my everyday life more each day but it seems the more servere or having a diagnosis which my illness gets worse the less your entitled to
I need any advice on what to do next or if anyone as been in this situation or similar and give me information on how to proceed further with getting the right outcome 
Thank you for reading

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you. If you weren't happy with the decision that was made in 2019 did you request the Mandatory Reconsideration followed by Tribunal? If you didn't then you're now too late to request the MR for that decision.
    You can report a change of circumstances but they will look at your whole award again and not just part of this. Before doing this you should get some expert advice from an agency near you and they will advise you whether a change should be reported. No one here can tell you whether you're entitled to a higher award because we don't know exactly how your conditions affect you. For expert advice start here.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.