Hi, my name is Frozzie! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Frozzie!

Frozzie
Frozzie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello, this is my first time joining a community.  I find it really difficult to have friends and I don't feel my husband understands my difficulties often blaming me for everything. I find life is challenging and exhausting. So having a bit of a chat with someone who knows what it like would be nice I guess.

Comments

• Frozzie
    Living with my disabilities has left me feeling lonely and isolated and after many years of struggling, I am findingy life is stuck between a rock and a hard place, basically I feel so unloved that I struggle on a daily basis.  I would love to hear from others who have found coping strategies for lonelyness etc.  
  • Frozzie
    I would love someone to send me a fozzie bear hug! ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Frozzie - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. If someone doesn't have a disability, whether family or friends, it can be very difficult for them to understand. I hope you will find both understanding & support here, &, by being part of this community, you will feel at least less alone.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

There are lots of people in the same situation here who you can connect with and I hope you enjoy the community 

Have a look in the coffee lounge section for general discussions 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Frozzie

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us and I can assure you that you're amongst friends here, this is a very supportive place. 

Sorry to hear about everything you have been going through with your isolation and loneliness.

Have you tried sitting down with your husband and explaining in detail about your condition and how it impacts you, as well as how you feel when he blames ou for things? 

In terms of coping with loneliness, I'd advise that you continue to indulge in whatever hobbies you have and use those as a way of relaxing and enjoying yourself. Additionally, if you want to meet others then as well as joining this community you could contact your local council to see if they have any groups or events going on that you could attend.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Frozzie
    Hello Ross, thank you for such an understanding, thoughtful email, your positive approach has given me a plan of action with the options you gave.  I am a stone collector so with the many beautiful stones yet to be found, I shall go on a few more treasure hunts.  Sending you a Fozzie Bear hug,  Frozzie is a ferret, my little companion

Brightness