How much back.pay am I entitled to — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How much back.pay am I entitled to

Options
Angelaj7765
Angelaj7765 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I have been giving in sick notes since April 2021 , I was assessed on September 18th they have told me by a letter dated 9th October  that I have have low capability for work and work related activity .They have paid me the money amount on the 23rd September of £343.64 which is my normal pay date . Am I entitled to any back payments . 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim. Whether you're owed any money will depend on what date you reported your health condition.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Angelaj7765
    Options
    Hi Poppy123456 
    It was the 15th April 2021 that they were first informed of my health condition . But I wasn't health assessed by the DWP until 17th September 2021 So would it be from when I notified them or from when they assessed me . 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This means that your waiting period is April/May, May/June, June/July With the LCWRA element from 17th July to 16th August and first payment being 23rd August. You received the extra money on 23rd September so they owe you 1 months money of £343.64. You don't get paid the extra money at all during your waiting period.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Angelaj7765
    Options
    Poppy123456
    Thankyou very much for your response .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.