Pip assessment question ! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment question !

Options
jet2007
jet2007 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
I’m sorry to actually post this but it disturbed me greatly. Would like some advice .

what is the justification for asking me (someone who has had suicidal thoughts. ) 
when was the last time I acted on them ? Or attempted to ? 

I’m awaiting my decision . Advice please . I feel this is barbaric. X

Comments

• postmanpat68
    postmanpat68 Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I had the exact same question at my assessment yesterday and in the last few months have had suicidal thoughts also but now under the care of my GP.

@jet2007 I hope you are getting help with this.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,055 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This question is often asked with those that have mental health problems. It's all part of the assessment process which is for them to get the full picture of exactly how your conditions affect you and to gather more evidence to support your claim. The answer to one question can tell them a lot.
    I realise it's very difficult to talk about how our conditions affect us in such detail like this because we usually just "deal with our conditions the best way we know how."
    I know it's difficult to relax when you are waiting for a decision but try to distract yourself by doing something you like.
    Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer for a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.