Hi, my name is shabby! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is shabby!

shabby
shabby Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I suffer with depression, having come out of abusive relationship, I thought to myself things will be better. This is not the case I  work for a local family travel agency for nearly 30 years, over the last 3 years the mothers daughter has been harassing me and bullying me, its got so bad that I’m no on sick leave, my work is being constantly checked and taken away from me, no one speaks to me all day, and when I try to resolve it to my boss who happens to be the daughters mother she dismisses everything and back her up every time, any advise out there would help 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    Hi @shabby and a warm welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to read what has been happening. Other members with more experience in this area will be along soon to advise you. I wanted to welcome you hope for this to be resolved soon. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

If you have already tried to discuss this and it is still happening I suggest 

You make list of incidents eg date , time, who was there , what happened  and how this made you feel 

Put this then into a formal written grievance and see what comes of it.  You should at least be asked to attend a meeting to discuss and get written letter of agreed outcome 

If then it isn't resolved you can take it further 

Acas website has some excellent advice and template letters 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @shabby and welcome to the community, lovely to see you join us. 

I'm sorry to hear about everything you have been through, you've been through an awful lot and it's great that you are seeking help. Have you reported what you've experienced with your past relationship and in the workplace? And have you sought support from anywhere else in addition to this community?

Can I ask, when you say you were in an abusive relationship, what happened to you? Sorry if this is difficult to speak about, I'm just trying to gather a clearer picture of the situation. 

And what is happening at work to make you feel harassed and bullied?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • shabby
    shabby Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    My ex husband was a control freak never allowed to go anywhere, abusive towards me had the police at the house many times but they did nothing always took my ex husbands side, he made me fell worthless, and 4 court cases later I got half of the house that he was not willing to give me.
    now work is horrendous again another person bullying me. I have put in a grievance letter to the boss but she was refusing to deal with it until I spoke to hear and told her it’s the law and she has to deal with it.I’m ignored all day and last weej she leaned over me and used my keyboard without sanitising her hands, considering I have had 2 heart attacked and a stroke I’m a high risk. I’ve spoken to Acas and they have given me advise. And I’ve sent many emails to my boss explanation they problem but is nit dealing with the toxic atmosphere in the iffice.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello aain and thanks for your reply @shabby

Sorry to hear about what you went through with your ex-husband, that must have been hard to cope with, even more so considering the authorities couldn't help you. Did they ever explain to you why they took his side? 

I imagine the whole experience has impacted your wel-being quite a bit, did you access any support from your GP or other organisations to recover following the abuse you were the victim of? It can leave a lasting impact when somebody makes you feel worthless as you describe, so please do consider seeking some support for what you went through. If you'd like us to assist you with finding some possible avenues for support, whether that be locally to you or national services, then we would be willing to do so.

Are you safe from your ex-husband now? 

The work situation sounds far from ideal and you must be very frustrated with it all, you shouldn't have to go through those things in the workplace and I'm glad to hear you have spoken with Acas, hopefully the advice they give you helps.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shabby :) I was just wondering how things have been since you last posted on the community? Have you had a chance to read Ross' comment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness