New stye esa. I'm in the support group, and have been asked to attend interview with work coach? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New stye esa. I'm in the support group, and have been asked to attend interview with work coach?

sammy44
sammy44 Community member Posts: 18 Courageous
I had a letter saying I have to go to an interview with a work coach but doesn't involve any work related activities but to update there system .but I'm in the support group and I'm stressed about this as I thought they left you alone in this group , but I have to attend .

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    When you claim new style ESA it would normally be common to have to attend JobCentre at the start of the claim. If your claim was made during last eighteen months normal procedures were suspended. Your appointment may simply be the normal initial appointment for you to agree a Claimant Commitment (which will amount to little more than agreeing to inform them if there’s are any changes).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

You are the 3rd person to have posted about this 

The others said after querying it was nothing to worry about and something to do with the system triggering the appointment 

I suggest you give them a call to see what is happening 
  • sammy44
    sammy44 Community member Posts: 18 Courageous
    I did phone the dwp and the job centre plus and they said its nothing to worry about but I don't think its right that I should be going but they said I have too .
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    sammy44 said:
    I did phone the dwp and the job centre plus and they said its nothing to worry about but I don't think its right that I should be going but they said I have too .
    As I explained above, it is a late carrying out of something you would normally be expected to do as part of your claim.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    sammy44 said:

They are correct you must attend the appointment, which should only take a maximum of 5 minutes, if that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wol139
    wol139 Community member Posts: 22 Listener
    Hi I’ve applied for esa. Got a phone chat with a coach tomorrow. Is this the same thing as above. 🙈🕊
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    wol139 said:
    Hi I’ve applied for esa. Got a phone chat with a coach tomorrow. Is this the same thing as above. 🙈🕊

No because your appointment is for a new claim. This thread (though 2 years old now) is about appointments while in the Support Group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.