PIP review. When should I ask for report? How long after sending form back can I request it? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review. When should I ask for report? How long after sending form back can I request it?

te1
te1 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I have just returned my PIP REVIEW form and I recall that when I was on DLA and had to fill in a new form to transfer over to PIP about 2 years  ago I could call and ask for my report before the decision letter was sent out.
Would anyone know exactly what it is I need to ask for and roughly how long after sending my form back can I  request this. TIA

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    The report will not be done until you have had an assessment. In most cases this will involve a telephone of face to face appointment. There are long delays for assessments at the moment so it may be several months before your have an assessment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Reviews are not as simple as that and they shouild be classed as a new claim by all claimants.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • te1
    te1 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    Poppy123456 thank you for your reply will i now have to have a telephone or face to face appointment once they receive my paper pip review that I to them.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    As calcotti has correctly advised, most people have telephone or face to face assessments even for reviews.  So yes, you should expect either of those. When an appointment becomes available they will contact you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.