Hi, my name is Rubygirl! Could my high blood pressure be caused by the coronavirus vaccine? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rubygirl! Could my high blood pressure be caused by the coronavirus vaccine?

Options
Rubygirl
Rubygirl Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone just joining this group as I am interested in the Covid vaccines and their safety
Tagged:

Comments

• Rubygirl
    Options
    I am wondering if anyone has had a significant rise is blood pressure soon after receiving both Astra Zenica shots?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

There are lots of discussion on the vaccine on here but not seen anything related to increase in blood pressure 

I suppose it depends on if the blood pressure is checked before and after 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi @Rubygirl

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Unfortunately, we don't provide medical advice here at Scope. In this instance, I think you would benefit more from speaking to a medical practitioner. However, we do have a section on our forum about COVID-19 more generally and a section about Coronavirus Vaccines. If you are interested, you can access them at https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussions/tagged/covid-19 and https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussions/tagged/coronavirusvaccine. I hope this helps but if you have any further questions or anything else we can support you with, please do not hesitate to reach out to us again  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rubygirl - & welcome to the community. You should have received a leaflet when you had your first vaccination, which lists the possible side-effects. There is however info on the different types of vaccine online. Here's the one about the AstraZeneca vaccine: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca/information-for-uk-recipients-on-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Much appreciated, thanks @chiarieds. Looks like a great resource  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Rubygirl
    Options
    Thanks everyone who welcomed me to the group or commented on my question. I was just unsure if the vaccine may have caused this rise in blood pressure that was normal at last ready 1 year earlier and thought there could have been others who had the same thing happen to them.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Blood pressure will be different each time and lots of factors make it change some very simple like exercise , fluid intake , standing or sitting just to jame a few 

It would be impossible to say the exact reason especially as you are comparing to a year ago 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rubygirl :) From taking a look at the patient information leaflet, it doesn't look as though high blood pressure is a recognised side effect. 

As the others have said, a high blood pressure reading can be caused by lots of different things. Have you spoken to your GP, so that they can investigate what might be causing your high blood pressure? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness