Pip appeal. How much detail should i go into?. How long of a wait before appeal date? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal. How much detail should i go into?. How long of a wait before appeal date?

Options
sunny101
sunny101 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi. 

I am going to be filling out my pip appeal online in the coming days, and have been working on a letter detailing the reasons for my appeal.  I have extreme anxiety-  gad, social anxiety,  health anxiety and agoraphobia. I feel like it could help if they knew a history of my conditions and past experiences as they play a significant part in why i am the way i am today, and i feel they will have a better understanding of my life and situation, if i went into detail about certain events, and the difficulties i have faced in relation to my conditions over the years. For example i have always had social anxiety issues- to some degree-for as long as i can remember, but there has been specific events and reasons why my social anxiety eventually became extreme,  should i explain these reasons?
Would anyone recommend going into detail about my condition history and past experiences and how its affected me, in addition to how im currently affected with detailed anecdotal evidence matching the descriptors. Or should I just focus on why is disagree with the decision and how i currently meet the descriptors with detailed examples  

Also does anyone know the current wait time for an appeal to be heard ?

Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If it was me then i'd leave out my life story and just concentrate on where and why you think you should have scored points, adding those real world examples with detailed explanations. Less is very often more.
    The wait is currently between 11-16 weeks unless it's changed in the last couple of weeks. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sunny101
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Username_removed @poppy123456. Thank you for your continued help. I have a much better understanding now of what i need to do. I see now where i went wrong with my original pip claim, and feel confident with my appeal.  Your advice and help has been invaluable.  
  • sunny101
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi @lillybelle i filled out the appeal form here- https://www.appeal-benefit-decision.service.gov.uk/benefit-type. I did manage to get representation through my local central england law centre, which i found through the link that poppy123456 provided in previous posts. They gave me guidance and support  submitting the apeal form, and will continue to give guidance and support throughout the appeal process, and if needed will act as my representative on the day of the hearing .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.