I had my assessment yesterday, and got text today saying they'd received the report. Very quick? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had my assessment yesterday, and got text today saying they'd received the report. Very quick?

honeywell01_
honeywell01_ Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• honeywell01_
    I had my phone assessment by capita yesterday morning and got a text this morning to say that they have received the report. very quick this ???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Some are returned within a couple of hours. It means nothing other than "it's been returned to DWP."
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • honeywell01_
  • honeywell01_
    Update,,, regarding my claim I got a letter this morning to say they've all the information they need to make a decision on my claim they already told me they had my report so why do they have to send me that letter out weeks later?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Update,,, regarding my claim I got a letter this morning to say they've all the information they need to make a decision on my claim they already told me they had my report so why do they have to send me that letter out weeks later?
    Thanks for the update, I'm not completely sure of the answer here but hopefully it's good news, perhaps it is just in case you thought about sending in further information.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger

It is a rather pointless letter because a decision can still take 2-12 weeks. All it does really is cause even more anxiety.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It's just a standard letter which serves no purpose really 
  • honeywell01_
    I know,why send it like ?
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @honeywell01_ it might just be for their own admin records, so they know they've confirmed to you in writing properly, but of course the post can be quite slow sometimes. It just means you've got two records now that everything is underway!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.