Engaging with people law change letter. I'm worried I'll have to go through the process again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Engaging with people law change letter. I'm worried I'll have to go through the process again

Options
Debbie1234
Debbie1234 Community member Posts: 183 Courageous
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can someone please help me? I have had a letter today saying that the law has changed regarding question one do you need help to engage with people face-to-face and question two did you get the help you needed? I have been awarded pip until 2024. Has anyone else had this please? I am panicking incase I have to go through the process all again ? They are saying it is just to see if they owe me any more money. But my trust in the DWP is not great I must say

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Don't panic the change in law means dwp have to review any claims that could have been affected by the change 

It does not mean you have to go through the assessment.  It is the dwp that will look at your claim details to see if the change would increase the award you were given 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Debbie1234
    Options
    Hello 👋 
    just to update everyone in case it helps. After filling out this form I had a telephone call and I was selected as a few now would be able to be backdated as they had originally made a mistake due to the law. I was backdated a very large substantial amount of money and put on enhanced mobility and enhanced daily living. Honestly if it wasn’t for this wonderful group it would never of happened as I originally got zero points for both components at my assessment and this group gave me the courage to do a mandatory reconsideration form and the ball started rolling from there. 
    Much love to you all
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks so much for updating us all @Debbie1234 I'm so pleased to hear you've been awarded enhanced for both parts of PIP. You must be so relieved after so much stress and hassle. 

I'm glad the community could help support you through this :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Debbie1234
    Options
    Thank you for your comment Alex 🥰 It is a huge relief I couldn’t have done it without the support of everyone on here honestly. DWP Should be absolutely ashamed of themselves the way they treat people. I was raped and violently attacked and ran over and left for dead in 2008 I have been left with severe damaging illness prior to this I was a carer and I worked in a local chip shop I had never ever not worked and the amount of interviews I have had and been made to look a liar and that I am some sort of lazy person that doesn’t want to work I have been made to look more like a criminal than the person who attacked me. Life was very dark and seemed so on fair until I found this website and it gave me a little bit of strength to realise that I am not a lazy horrible useless person but a person with a real disability and it helped me fight for my rights. 😁

So thank you to each and everyone of you
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good afternoon @Debbie1234

Thank you for getting back to us on this thread.

Thank you for talking about what I imagine must be a really difficult situation to recall, when things like that happen it can have a long-lasting emotional impact so I really appreciate how open you have been about it, and about how you feel about the DWP.

Have you ever received any support to recover from what happened to you? For example have you ever been in touch with your GP to discuss accessing support for your mental health or accessing services that can support those who have been a victim of what you have been? If you do feel as though you need any support at the moment, please consider getting in touch with your GP to talk with them about how you feel, and you can also access the below services too:
    you could also get in touch with Samaritans on 116 123 or text "Shout" to 85258 to be put through to a trained call handler, if you ever want to talk about your mental health and have a chat with somebody.

I have sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk with some additional details in  it, it would be great if you could give it a read and get back to us.

It's great to read your update that you were awarded enhanced PIP, thank you for letting us know :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Debbie1234
    Options
    thank you for your comment Ross Stone 😊 honestly I have been through hell and back. The CID were involved and the culprit got prosecuted but I have been left with CPTSD, severe anxiety, depression, agoraphobia and claustrophobia (strange) 
    I also have had various counselling which included personal centred counselling cognitive behavioural therapy and EMDR. I have a kind and caring husband but I realise I will never ever be back to full health again mentally anyway. Thank you for all the support groups you have sent I will keep them in mind for future reference take care
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    thank you for your comment Ross Stone 😊 honestly I have been through hell and back. The CID were involved and the culprit got prosecuted but I have been left with CPTSD, severe anxiety, depression, agoraphobia and claustrophobia (strange) 
    I also have had various counselling which included personal centred counselling cognitive behavioural therapy and EMDR. I have a kind and caring husband but I realise I will never ever be back to full health again mentally anyway. Thank you for all the support groups you have sent I will keep them in mind for future reference take care
    Hello and thanks for your response :) 

I'm glad that the authorities were involved, however I'm sorry to read of the impact it has had on you long-term, though it's completely understandable. Going through something like that must have been horrific, and you have our full support.

I'm glad you have a kind and caring husband, and that you have received some mental health support in the past. Do ensure you get in touch with your GP if you ever feel as though you need to access some more support.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Debbie1234
    Options
    Thank you ☺️ 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Debbie1234. It is the very least you deserve. How are you doing today? I hope you are well but if you need anything we are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.