I submitted a MR for PIP on time but payments have been stopped - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I submitted a MR for PIP on time but payments have been stopped

Options
2»

Comments

• Poorly
    Poorly Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    I don't see anything illegal here. The problem is you didn't post the form back until the day before the deadline.

Yes, a bit of a confusion because of the delay between them sending me out the letter saying my claim had been suspended.
    I've now received a letter from the DWP asking me to complete page 2 of form IS10 01/18 which asks if I get carers allowance, which I don't. Any ideas why they are asking for this?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,022 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The IS10 form is the one for the Severe Disability Premium. To claim this you must be claiming daily living PIP, live alone or be classed as living alone and no one must be claiming Carers Allowance or carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you.
    It sounds like they have put your PIP back in payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Poorly said: I've now received a letter from the DWP asking me to complete page 2 of form IS10 01/18 which asks if I get carers allowance, which I don't. Any ideas why they are asking for this?
    It doesn't ask if you are getting Carer's Allowance, it asks if anybody gets Carer's Allowance or the carer element of UC for looking after you.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Poorly
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Poorly said: I've now received a letter from the DWP asking me to complete page 2 of form IS10 01/18 which asks if I get carers allowance, which I don't. Any ideas why they are asking for this?
    It doesn't ask if you are getting Carer's Allowance, it asks if anybody gets Carer's Allowance or the carer element of UC for looking after you.

Yes but i'm wondering why they're asking this now that my pip has been suspended and sever disability payments too?
  • Poorly
    Options
    The IS10 form is the one for the Severe Disability Premium. To claim this you must be claiming daily living PIP, live alone or be classed as living alone and no one must be claiming Carers Allowance or carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you.
    It sounds like they have put your PIP back in payment.
    Aha...thanks.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.