New. Looking for supporting in helping me move from my current job to a more suitable one — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New. Looking for supporting in helping me move from my current job to a more suitable one

Options
Dspencer9
Dspencer9 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited October 2021 in Work and employment
Hi I’m David, I’ve recently joined looking for support in helping me move from my current job that I’m struggling to maintain due to complex learning and mental health issues and find more suitable one, and get other support 
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Dspencer9 :) I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your current job.

Are you aware of reasonable adjustments (Scope)? If you haven't already, it might be worth looking into this, as they could help you to feel more comfortable in your new job. 

I also wanted to point you towards our employment services. These services can help you to think about the kind of work you might like to do, and how to be the best candidate you can be. Perhaps you could have a look and see if there are any you're eligible for and interested in?

What kind of role are you looking to move to, if you don't mind me asking?

You've also mentioned that you'd like to get some other support. Would you like to tell us a little more about the other kinds of support you'd like to access? Are you currently receiving any support for your mental health?

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our category for discussions relating to work and employment. I've also renamed your post so that other members can find it more easily. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    Options

Hi @Dspencer9

A warm welcome to the community.

I’m sorry to hear that you feel you are struggling in your current job.  As Tori_Scope mentioned, Scope have free employment services for disabled jobseekers at different stages in their employment journey. 

It would be helpful if you could tell us a bit more about your situation. I would be interested to know:

• Your current job role
    • Job roles you feel would be more suitable for you
    •  What support you would like to find a new job

Please keep in touch, and let us know how you are getting on.

• Dspencer9
    Options
    I’m off sick waiting for my ADHD and Psychiatrist to get their heads together and the day before is my Diabetic Consultant review
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ah right, I see @Dspencer9. Have you been given any indication of when you might hear back from the psychiatrist? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Dspencer9
    Options
    I’m very good at stamping my feet at people’s door, I know where to make complaints to the clinical commissioning group, but I’m lucky. My ADHD and my Psychiatrist met at a Team meeting then the ADHD reported back with a suggestion I put together what I’m going to say on my psychiatrist on the 11th November to show him that the outstanding factor is my Bipolar not the ADHD or the Type 1 Diabetes, those last two have to catch up with the Bipolar and generally supper. I’m meeting the Diabetic Consultant on the 10th No 

Brightness