UC SUPPORT GROUP FRAMEWORK. Right to refuse starting work related activities until I'm ready? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC SUPPORT GROUP FRAMEWORK. Right to refuse starting work related activities until I'm ready?

em444
em444 Community member Posts: 103 Connected
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Morning  All 
I hope everyone Is well, and keeping warm. Its a bit nippy out there. Its been  a while, so Just to say, I persisted with my PIP tribunal. After a couple of weeks, I got a call from DWP. They went through the descriptor, I was disputing. And towards end of call, they offered me, Standard daily living, and standard mobility. Advised that I could still go ahead with  tribunal if I wanted.
I'm quite happy with that, as the thought of a tribunal, Is making my anxiety  escalate.
So thats awarded untill 2023
My dilemma at the moment, Is
I was placed in the  UC support group, on Feb 8th, for 16 months
and supported by Framework. A government better working futures programme, for 65 weeks. Ive been getting support, but recently, my advisor has said,  that her job, is to get me into work. And that I should start looking at getting job ready. And cone to the Framework office, to discuss options. Im definitely not ready to start work related activities. They are aware Im in the Support Group , and it feels like I'm under pressure to do this.
Do I have the right to refuse, until I'm ready ?
Thanks In advance EM444 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    When you've been found to have LCWRA (ESA Support Group equivalent) there is no work commitments, which means you do not have to attend appointments, or prepare for work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • em444
    Thanks Poppy
    I wasn't really aware, tbh at first, what I was referred to.
    They said its a support network, and then I was advised that I would have a work coach. I explained Im in support group. So I was given another advisor, who's supposed to be a Well being Advisor. But then she started asking if I'd be interested in doing courses and cv's / interview practices etc
    If Im honest, Im not sure whats happening. I just feel pressured  every week, to speak to  someone, and keep suggesting stuff to me. 
  • poppy123456
    When you claim UC the Support Group is known as LCWRA. Are you sure you're in this group and not just the LCW group. Does your UC payment include the LCWRA element of £343.63?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • em444
    Yes, Im definitely In the Support Group LCWRA
    I got a letter to say I was placed in that group. A review in 16 months, that was in February this year
  • poppy123456
    Then you need to remind you work coach that you were found to have LCWRA in Feb and there's no work related requirements in this group. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Claimant-commitment-Universal-Credit

• em444
    I will, hopefully they won't be funny with me. Im about to move house and Im massively stressed by this. Last week she said , once you've moved house,  you might start to feel like thinking about work. Its this pressure that's making me worse. I haven't got Frameworks number or anything, or I'd opt out if I could. Until I'm ready

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.