new christmas ornaments for the tree — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

new christmas ornaments for the tree

Options
Grinchy
Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,845 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2021 in Coffee lounge
So Christmas is a big deal in our house, we love decorating the living room and the tree, every year we try to find a new ornament for the tree, this year we settled on the house from disneys 'UP' a family favourite of ours, here it is on the left, to the right is a star wars ornament my wife added as a surprise for me

they are only small but packed with detail, very impressed with both of them, anyone else decorate with new items?
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aw those look lovely @Grinchy, thanks for sharing. Me and my partner spent our first Christmas together last year, so ended up getting everything new, it was good fun picking out all the decs
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Must admit we usually buy the odd one or two every year, although we do have decs that the kids made at school over 30 years ago.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Grinchy

Thanks for your post. It made my day to see. You included two of my favourite things - Disney and Christmas! The question is, have you or anyone else put the Christmas tree up yet?  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Senior management won't have the tree up until ten days before Christmas since the kids grew up and left home  :) and it comes down on new years day.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I thought people buying pumpkins last weekend were a little premature, I can't imagine anyone has a tree up yet! :D 
  • Grinchy
    Options
    thanks everyone, we have decorations made by the kids on the tree to, ours will go up in november, in my star wars room i have two trees up all year, christmas and star wars goes together well

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The room is looking great @Grinchy :) I love the Up decoration too- that film makes me tear up every time. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Thanks @Tori_Scope, yeah the up movie is brilliant, we really love it, i made a silicone bust of the character Karl, i wanted to make a human version of the cg character, with the elli badge of course

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aww, my heart is melting! So many great posts on this thread again. I absolutely love everything Disney related (including Up!) :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Looks awesome @Grinchy

• Grinchy
    Options
    Thanks @Tori_Scope and @L_Volunteer those first few moments of UP when we see them both grow old together without any dialogue, says so much,without having to say anything, if you get what i mean, i just love it 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Yes, you're exactly right @Grinchy :) I think that's what makes it even more emotional.

The Disney set sounds good @lillybelle! Worth holding onto if you think grandchildren might be on the cards. I'm not sure on a suggestion for nativity figurines. Have you looked at the company who made the ones you currently have? 

• Grinchy
    Options
    @Tori_Scope, yes its a great movie, if your able watch the pixar short 'feast' it again has little dialogue but is very heartwarming
    i hope you find a nativity set @lillybelle, we bought a new set from ebay last year, only small but does the job, your disney themed ornaments sound great, would love to see them

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    Ooh I haven't seen that, so I'll have to check it out @Grinchy. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Grinchy
    Options
    no problem @Tori_Scope, its on youtube, so you should be able to find it, i hope you enjoy it

Brightness